National Standards for Supervisory Educational Programs
The General Assembly of the Estonian Supervision and Coaching Association has agreed the common standards for superisory educational programmes. The purpose of the standards is to ensure the quality and proffesionality of the national educational programs.
The standards iclude:
– Conditions for entrance in the educational program on supervision
– Conditions for the supervisory educational program
– Minimum standards for the supervisory educational program leaders
Procedure: educational program providers send their curricula and required douments electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs shall be evaluated according to the ESCA and ANSE standards, and approved/declined by the Supervisory Eduational Programs Commission of ESCA: Aino Kuntsel, Helena Ehrenbusch, Katrin Aava, Taimi Elenurm (2015, 2016, 2017)
A. Conditions for entrance in the educational program on supervision
|1. Higher eduation ( 3+2 MA).||University level diploma / proven equivalent|
|2. Post-graduation working experience in the field||At least 4 years of continuous working experience|
|3. Continued education||Participation in longer eduational courses: 60-300 ac/h (certification). Good communiation knowledge and skills assumed|
|4. Experiene as a supervisee||Documented 30-60 ac/h. Participation in different forms of supervision and coaching. Recommendation in written from a supervisor.
Can be provided by program providor in the format of screening (min. 30 ac/h) for those with no previous supervision experience.
B. Conditions for the supervisory educational program
|1. Duration of the program||At least over 2 years|
|2. Number of contact hours (exclusive 3. and 4.)||300-375 ac/h|
|3. Praxis as learning supervisor||At least 45 ac/h in individual as well as in group setting|
|4. Participation at supervision-on-supervision||One series in individual setting, a second series in a group setting.
At least 35 ac/h
|5. Thesis||Demonstration the integration of main aspects of theory of supervision and own supervisory practice|
|6. Colloquium||Demonstrating communication skills
Concerning the own thesis
|7. Final exam||Practical work, demonstrating supervisory skills|
|8. Certifiation||Registered and signed by the national association for supervision and educational program providors|
C. Minimum standards for the supervisory educational program leaders
- Certification from a 3-year supervisory educational program, accepted by ANSE and ESCA standards.
- Certified in Senior Supervisor Level according to the National Qualification System.
- Has guided one course of the supervisory educational program with a mentor or in cooperation with a peer group, formed of certified Senior Supervisors.
Portfolio of the Supervisory Educational Program Leader contains:
- personal understanding or vision of supervision and coaching
- group dynamic analyses of the study group, for whom the program leader has guided a course
- analyses or thesis of personal understanding of learning and teaching, descirbed or supported by personal teaching experience (e.g various didactic/methodological approaches, schools of psychotherapy, teaching/learning styles, critical reflection) 12p (abstract 800-1500 words/ 7000-8000 marks).
- reflection of teahing experience
Evaluation is performed by peer-group, with whom the cycle was performed + one Senior Supervisor from ESCA members